Our CSR Vision & MissionIndependent News Service Private Limited having the Channel ‘INDIA TV’ is an integral part of the Indian Media & Entertainment Industry. Our vision is to actively contribute to the economic and social development of our Country.
Essentially, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) which is deliberate inclusion of Public Interest into corporate decision making by undertaking major project for development of a backward district has the potential of contributing significantly in the long run to socioeconomic growth in the backward regions. The emerging concept of CSR goes beyond charity and requires the company to act beyond its legal obligations and to integrate social, environmental and ethical concerns into the company's business process.
CSR CommitteeThe CSR Committee of the Company consists of three Directors of the Company.
Our ActivitiesThe CSR activities we pursue will be in line with our stated Vision and Mission.
The focus areas where special Community Development programmes would be run are:
- Promotion of education especially among under privileged children, women, elderly and the differently abled including:
- Non-formal education programmes.
- Supporting schools with infrastructure like benches, toilets, potable water, fans etc.
- Supporting other educational institutions.
- Improving educational facilities in general.
- Supporting children for higher education.
- Promoting Health care including Preventive Health care through awareness programmes, health check-ups, provision of medicine & treatment facilities, financial aid for the under privileged.
- Eradicating hunger, poverty and malnutrition
- Provision of food, nutrition supplement, clothes etc for the poor, children and other deprived sections of the society.
- Supporting nutrition in anganwadi centres and building capacities of anganwadi workers to this effect.
- Provision of shelter for homeless.
- Promoting sanitation, making available safe drinking water
- Employment and livelihood enhancing vocational skills and projects including tailoring, beautician, mehandi application, bee keeping, food processing and preservation, vermi-composting and other Life Skill Training and livelihood enhancement projects.
- Employing people and incurring other costs to carry out aforesaid activities.
- Such other activities as the Board may consider be appropriate.
Our approach to implementationWe will strive to implement the aforesaid CSR activities on our own to the extent possible. At the same time, we recognize need to work in partnership with other players also. This would include:
- Collaborating with various organisations, which are registered as a Trust or a section 8 company under the Companies Act, 2013 or Society or any other form of entity incorporated in India that specialise in the aforesaid activities.
- Contribution to various funds which are aligned with our Vision and Mission e.g.
- Prime Minister's National Relief Fund
- Any other fund set up by the Central Government for :
- socio-economic development and relief.
- for the welfare of Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, other Backward classes, minorities and women.
- Collaborating or pooling resources with other companies to undertake aforesaid CSR activities.
CSR Funds The corpus for the purpose of carrying on the aforesaid activities would include the followings:
- 2% of the average Net Profit made by the Company during immediately preceding three Financial Years.
- any income arising there from.
- surplus arising out of CSR activities carried out by the company and such surplus will not be part of business profit of the company.
MonitoringThe CSR department will provide regular progress report to the CSR Committee of the Board. This report would indicate:
- Achievement since last progress report / during the last quarter in terms of coverage compared to the target and reasons for variance.
- Achievement of the year-to-date in terms of coverage compared to the target, plans to overcome shortfalls if any and support required from the CSR Committee/Board to overcome the shortfalls.
- Actual year-to-date spends compared to the budget and reasons for variance.
- In respect of activities undertaken through outside Trust/Society/NGO's etc. there will be mechanism of monthly reporting of progress on each such activities and the amount incurred thereon.
The Board shall seek a short progress report from the CSR Committee on a quarterly basis.